Thompson & Litton celebrates its 60th Anniversary

 Print

On April 2, 2016, Thompson & Litton will celebrate its 60th anniversary in business.  Founded by Bill Thompson, Jr. and John Litton in 1956 in Wise County, Virginia,  during the early years, Thompson & Litton’s business was tied closely to the coal industry which dominated the region’s economy.  Over the years and through an ever-changing business climate, Thompson & Litton has become a full service Architectural/Engineering firm.  Today, T&L provides professional services encompassing Planning & Design by the Civil, Structural, Transportation, & Mechanical-Electrical-Plumbing Engineering disciplines, Architecture, Land Surveying, Construction Administration, and Design-Build services.  Adaptability, innovation, and diversification have been the keys to its success.  With 6 offices in Southwest Virginia and Northeastern Tennessee, Thompson & Litton has grown from 2 employees to over 100, with several of these employees joining through mergers with other firms.  We provide services to clients throughout Virginia, Tennessee, West Virginia, Kentucky, and North Carolina.

Thompson & Litton has offices in Wise, Radford, Tazewell, and Chilhowie, Virginia as well as Bristol and Mosheim, Tennessee.